Friday, August 10, 2012

middle-of-the-night ramblings

Sometimes, during this holiday, I had moments of doubt whether I've become bimbo-fied. I mean, cooking, shopping, nail art, gaga-ing over korean dramas, make up. But WAIT! I can justify all those. (went through this in my head again and again to reassure myself everytime doubt hits me)

Cooking is justified. It's not a gender specific activity. I'm not even sure if bimbo cooks. Those that says cooking is a women chores, I'm sure they have dinosours as pets.

I didn't shop (or window shop) excessively. Yes it's more than what I usually do, but it's less than what bimbo does. Totally.

Nail art. Tough one but this is just a very new obsession. Can't tell for sure if it will survive through the month. Just like the korean dramas.
(2 birds with 1 stone)

Make up and assesorizing. Eyeliner, foundation and lip balms are basics. It's in line with the Avril Lavign's look. And she is legend.

There u have it. Me is normal.

PS: Recently I found a new sense of appreciation for heels. They are pretty indeed. On my feet.



On a separate note,
I was chatting with Kalai yesterday night and I felt really upset. She's going to US so soon. I'm happy for her but.. I'll miss her. It sounded like great adventure for her, so I couldn't help but get all hyped up for her. I wish I can help her pack. She's getting a camera for the trip too, I wish I can help her choose ='(

Hahah but I had SO much fun last night advising her what to bring, how to search for places to go tour, what not to miss out and how to choose a camera. AIH. She said I could write a travelling guide and a guide to choosing suitable cameras. It all comes with experience and a very bad (or good?) habit of jumping from one interest to another. Hangat-hangat tahi ayam. LOL. But when I'm on to smthg, I can't help but dig deep, read up on it for hours and if it's hands on, I'd get some materials to experiment. Then I move on. I like it that there's no pressure to do well, I could learn at my own pace. Quit at my own time.

For some strange reason (considering I'm no brilliant photographer), camera browsing is smthg I never stop doing. Looking at brands, models, prices. Fasinating really. Thus, YK's offer to give lessons on a DSLR? I'm gonna take it up! I figure it'll be quite interesting to learn how shuttle speed, types of lenses, light exposure and all the complicated DSLR settings can work together to capture a masterpiece :)

Just the other day, he was explaning to me how in some situations, zooming would give a much better effect than taking the picture upclose without zooming. Shocking. I realised that some effects could only be acheive with zooming, say when ur taking pictures of water droplets in mid-air. Those individual droplets would look amazing when taken from afar zoomed in rather then taking it upclose. Of course shuttle speed plays a MAJOR part too, the faster the speed (ie 1/500), the clearer the droplets will get. I always though that zooming would dilute the pictures but apparently it's not so much a difference and totally worth it to gain a better effect and light exposure. What a technique. Food for thought indeed.

15mins of casual talk made me realise that I love this. I can't imagine how much more interesting an actual proper lesson will get =) to have a photo-geek [pls dun retract ur offer!=( hahah] as friend, lucky me! I rephrase, photo-genius.

Why am I still awake? Cuz I slept at 9pm just now. Woke up at 11pm when my big bro came bak from work (what stupid job makes ppl stay bak so late? We have no rights?), I WANT TO celebrate his b'day b4 the day's over. So yea, I woke up, ate cake, take pictures and right now my eyes are as wide open as an owl. Oh n he loves my choc truffles. He loves it!!! Well actually he obliviously ate some when he found it chilling in the fridge yesterday morn b4 he went for work. I facepalmed till my forehead was slightly flat when I found out -_- but I was smart enough hid it afterward! And listen with evil glee the story my mom told of him hunting for it after work yesterday night. Hahahaha! But having it as a present today, it was too precious for him to eat. Awwww =') worth it. Everything was.

No comments:

Post a Comment