Sunday, August 12, 2012

Putrajaya day trip

Every Putrajaya trip that I've been to so far had me waking up the next morning with awfully sore arms. This time we ain't wall climbing, we went for kayaking instead in Pusat Maritime Putrajaya! Our initial bookings was 10 double kayaks to accommodate everyone, but due to some unforeseen blunders, our double kayaks were given to others =( so we ended up with 5 single kayaks, 2 double ones and 2 canadian canoe :)

One thing I REALLY regretted today is not bringing my camera. GAH. Would have taken BEAUTIFUL underwater shots of my friends (and me) capsizing. Not to mention the sight of a very buffed up group of people practising their dragon boat! T.T

Anyway, I chose the single kayak and started rowing out with my friends to the furthest point we are allowed to row on the lake. It was a LOOOONG way there and I heard stories that many people who set out to that spot under the bridge were left stranded in the middle of no where because they were too tired to row bak. A motorboat will then set out to rescue them. Being ambitious, me and a few guys decided to row all the way there and bak.

20mins into rowing: It was fun till we had this crazy idea of me swapping with Sam to the canadian canoe from my single kayak IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE -_- I crossed over to the canoe first, being the lightest and Sam then came out of the canoe to take over my kayak. It was going smoothly till Sam steps over to the kayak and capsized. Hahahaha, still standing, I laughed and lost my balance, capsizing the huge canoe along with the other guy on it. We spent the next 20mins trying to turn the canoe bak but it was too heavy and we didn't have anything to step on to support the weight of the canoe. So... a motorboat came by and help us turn it over.
Lesson learnt! I went bak to my kayak and kayak to the bridge. Took me another 20mins >.<

In the end, none of the guys reached the bridge, they gave up mid-way. But me and my friend persevered through! (Yay! Sore arms waiting for us when we wake up in the morning =D) Prob the single kayaks are lighter, so we made it. Hahaha but still it was funner than all my previous kayaking trips! I've never capsized before, so it was very refreshing. Haha! The water is very cooling and clean too. 5star filtering system =)

Oh, one unforgettable moment was when I was heading bak to bay. Waiting for my friend to catch up, I rested for a while, lying down in the kayak with my hat on my face and my feet in the water. It was so relaxing! To have the gently breeze and the artificial wave that slightly rocked the kayak. (Once again, I wish I have my camera with me!)

After that, was fooooooooddddd! Hahah what better thing can befall on a famished exhausted girl? We had a refreshing picnic and played some games. You have no idea how good a simple sandwich filled with mashed eggs, onions, sugar and mayo sauce combo-ed with an icy cold soft drink taste like after a good row. Sausages and brownies was the next THING. Absolutely delicious!

Somewhere along the picnic, I got a nudge from one of my girl friends. Apparently the dragon boat team is back. So we started our 'checking out' and whispers of 'that guy in red shirt, that guys in blue.. etc'. Hahah the view of buff guys coming back from their dragon boat training was delicious too. LOL. They are fully clothed okay. Hey! I really have a thing for sporting guys don't I? :P

By 1, we were on our way to Alamanda Putrajaya. Split into groups (clicks, more accurately) to do our own browsing. Checked out some bags. NOT handbags, but travelling luggages and saw one of this small wheeled suitcase (more often refered to as carry-ons I think) that I absolutely adores (gosh, the light weight material, elegant shape/dimensions and the glossy finishing of the surface!), but after a quick search for the price tag, my spirit spiralled downwards. The price was Rm 3,330.00 -_- What am I doing here? I will never spend so much on a luggage bag, for now. 3k is INSANELY insane. Period. One of my friend favours a backpacking luggage which cost Rm 150+, I'd say I can get similar bag from winter time for 2/3 of the price. Omg. Spoken like a true housewife. LOL!

Every mall will certainly have a camera shop and a bookstore. Therefore, our window shopping experience would not be complete without a visit to any one of it :P Our first camera stop was a nikon dealer. To be walking around in a group where each one of us either owns a dslr or a compact camera above 1k, what more can I say? Of course some of them would go all hyped up just looking at the Canon 7D dslr at the display glass. The only thought I can conceive is that it's called 7D cuz it cost 7k -_- but then it wun make sense coz my dad owns a 50D and another friend has a 550D. Analysing the pattern, I found out that the price decreases as the model number increases for canon dslr. Smart huh? Hahaha I really dun know much bout dslr laaa except that they are incredibly bulky and that I'd prob never get one in this lifetime.

After the camera tour we went to the bookshop. Only found a tiny mph there, how disappointing. I went to this world map corner and found a book on interesting places to visit in Korea, read it cover to cover. Don't really know most of the place mentioned but then it would take prob a year of diligent travelling to cover every recommendations. It has some pretty useful info nonetheless!

That roughly sums up my day in Putrajaya!
But without pictures, this post about getting wet is so dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment