Thursday, August 9, 2012

August!

A quick update on what I've been up to this week.

1. I tried my hands on a new recipe yesterday. It's like bak kut teh but I've replaced it with chicken instead of pork!
That spoon wasn't intentional. My bro couldn't wait for me to take a picture b4 he puts it in his mouth -_-

2. Other than that, I've tried another new stuff. Aihh, the actual story was I wanted to make a cheese cake for my bro's b'day. After hours of researching and reading, I went to shop for materials. And then I came home with the shocking revelation that 1 block of cream cheese is not enough to make all the cheese cakes in the world.. .. ..The end.

Hahaha seriously. What was I thinking??! How can I overlook the most important thing in the recipe? A disgrace to all cheesecakes bakers really. Anyhow, I ain't going bak for another 3blocks. (1block of cream cheese cost bout Rm13! The ignorant me never knew it's that expensive! >.<) I did something else with what I had. Tadaaaaa! Oreo chocolate truffles!!! All I can say that it's simply delicious! (and I blame my sore throat on it!) Thk God it's a great turn of event to an awful mistaken start, hahah! Oh. Of course, I did set aside half of it for my bro's b'day.
PS: My mom said it's nice tooooo. OMG. From HER. 
Her side note: but a bit too large, truffles should be bite-size. 
Hahaha that's okayyyy, where'e the indulgences in having a small bite-sized truffle. 2 bite-sized is just nice :P

I should do this more often!

3. And after the korean dramas craze dies down, I've been moving on to a new thing. What THING? Nail art! So bimbo right? LOL. Started out with some simple polka dots last week. Oh n a purple-pink ombre on the other hand. Looks great but very eye catching. (Aint gonna wear that for Sunday's futsal!) So I removed it after 2days and put on a clear coat ='( hahah.
2days ago, I was shopping for some baking materials and caught a glance at an accessories shop having SALE. I'm not much of a sale person but given that nail art is the In-thing (in my life) right now, I took a little detour inside to check out the nail polish. Muahahahaha!! I came out with a nail polish remover, a top coat and various colours. Hehehe. U could say I was dancing inside, can't wait to go home n try it out!.. .. ..

I didnt try it out until today though. This time I chose my new shiny nude purpl-ish colour one cuz last week's colour was a bit crazy. Turns out to be too bland. Ugh. Nevermind lahh, trial and error. Haha

my slightly purpl-ish nail polish! :)


Some of me loots from the SALE! :P
Note to self: Get a blue polish next!

4. This week I've watch 3movies. The dark knight rises, total recall and er.. one more.. er.. step up revolution!
The dark knight rises was nice but given so much hype, I expected something more mind-blowing. Total recall was pretty awesome. Step up was not as good as the previous one but I'd still give it a 6/10 :)
Note: 6/10 is pretty good. A second upper if ur taking my course.

5. I went out last night with my bro to check out the BR shop. He drove while I scout on. All I can say was 'Whoa! U-turn! U-turn!'. The line was crazy, it wasnt's just a few shops, it was more than 2 BLOCKS long and the shop itself was packed. Many are cutting straight into the shop without lining up, so for those who ARE lining up, standing 2blocks away, I wonder if they are gonna see their ice-cream at all. I would have cut in the line and get my ice-cream in 10mins like so many others. But that's too ill-mannered, if I cut in, I'd walk in as a customer and pay them for the ice-cream.

6. Haven't been working out this few days. I have some time today but u see, it was spent updating this blog.
I know I ain't as strong as the guys! I must kick-start my jogging regimen so that i wouldn't be a burden during the korea trip. Best if I could leave them behind in dust, panting. Lol. I wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment